Monday, May 30, 2016

Pondering

Five years...

We have been in this house for 5 years now, we move in December 27, 2010.  That 1st June in the house I bought a peony plant and planted it in the garden, all the while anticipating the beautiful blooms it would have.

Each spring I've waited and watched for those blooms.  Finally, 5 years later we have our 1st bloom!


How many times do we wait and wait for something we feel should be happening, but yet it doesn't.  We often get discouraged.  We contemplate throwing in the towel or digging up the plant, as the case may be.  We wonder if our lives will ever bloom again after being disrupted by disaster, or being transplanted.  Then when we least expect it a bud appears.  

There is hope.
  

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for this post . I know I am way late with a comment , but this is the first chance I have had to read. It had been a particularly discouraging evening for my husband and myself with a relationship with someone in our congregation , and your reminder is especially helpful . God is in control and he is good .