Thursday, July 21, 2016

Finding Rest

Everyone needs rest, but too often busyness takes over and rest gets pushed to the side.  Often we push the matter of rest aside for too long.  We stop listening to our bodies needs and force the good LORD to take matters into His own hands.  His way of providing rest isn't always to our liking.

Right now I am getting a bit of rest in a roundabout way.  I am keeping this guy company as he is content to sleep as he fight to overcome acute bronchitis.

I am content to sit here on his bed and read, play games, blog... As he snores.  I check his needs but for the most part there isn't much to do.


I know that this will change as he starts feeling better.  When he wakes up there will be entertaining to do, cords to keep untangled and attached, etcetera.  In the meantime I am attempting to rest.

Psalm 23:1-3
 
     The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.




No comments: