Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Derailed

Sometime during the crazy days of summer every day life got off track.  Thankfully, laundry dries quickly in the summer so it stayed out of the muck and mire of the wreckage, but somewhere, buried deep, menu planning and house cleaning got lost.  To some this might not be a big deal, but for me it is important to my sanity.  Our schedule is crazy enough without needing to plan meals on the fly, especially meals that have enough left overs to cover lunches to be taken to school and/or work.

This week I managed to find the "menu planning" in the rubble and pull it out.  Over the years I have tried weekly planning, monthly planning, on line planning, menu cards, whiteboards, etc.  I like the online planning idea, but have not found a site that I really like.  At the church bazaar on Saturday, I came across a simple weekly planner and decided to give it a shot.



Three days in, I am liking it.  The left side has place for a menu while the right side is a blank, lined page that is perfect for a grocery list.  I can plan just one week or I can plan several weeks.  I can skip ahead to pencil in special events.



I am hopeful that this will help put nutritious meals on the table with enough left overs to make lunch boxes for both kids (Mon-Fri) and Jerry & I (Fri & Wed respectively).  I am also hopeful that store bought obento will become the rare occasion rather than the go to and that our food budget will reflect the change!  All I know for certain is it has been nice having a menu this week!

Next up, should be finding the cleaning schedule...

Can I just hire a maid instead??

No comments: