Thursday, August 1, 2013


Yesterday, I posted on blogger about our upcoming "vacation"  I was lamenting the idea that we will be headed 3 different direction during much of the 1st week, something I am not thrilled about.  Part of it was simply tired talking.  The past few nights have been more interrupted than usual due to storms.  If you add heat & humidity, we do not have a/c in the bedrooms because there is no such thing as central air here, good, restful sleep has been hard to come by.  There are other factors, I am sure, but I think tired was the biggest.
This morning I again woke up tired.  I also woke up an hour & a half later than usual.  I slept right through Josh's early morning med time on the 1 morning, I am responsible for then because Jerry who usually handles 1st meds had class.  OOPS!  Waking late threw my schedule off, but after some coffee & some adjustments, I made myself head out for my morning walk - on the bright side it was late enough that I could mail a letter.  I honestly think that letter was the biggest force dragging me out the door, because my body was in rebellion!  I have been pushing a little harder this week, trying to get past a block.  My body is NOT liking the extra push, especially when it is already tired.  My knee let me know in no uncertain terms that it was not happy, in fact, when I got home I was at a point of throwing in the towel.  A friend advised me that it could be over work, but it could also be my body trying to adjust...hmmm...
This afternoon, Joshy had therapy at the usual time 1:15.  Joshy also had a checkup at 4pm.  Both appointments were at the same hospital, but because of various snags the appointments could not be made to meet in the middle.  Finished therapy just after 2.  Stopped at the dental department to run an idea by the dentist about next appointment.  (We are going to attempt to put Joshy to sleep so that we can work on 4 teeth at once rather than doing them 1 at a time!)  This done & it was still only 2:20.  I could load Joshy in the car drive home & hang out for an hour or we could stroll over to the park.  I opted for the park, it wasn't raining and it simply sounded easier than loading/unloading boy & wheelchair!
We STROLLED.  I still got steps, and reached my daily goal, but I wasn't walking with a mission in mind.  We walked to a covered pavilion where I sat down and gave Josh his afternoon meds.  Then we meandered down a path I haven't taken for years.  Didn't go far before we found mud & then lots of stairs, but it was a fun detour.  Next we followed the path through the cherry trees finding a "quiet" spot to sit and listen the the cicada (with as many cicada as there were quiet isn't quite the appropriate word silly)
Next we followed the path that sort of connects to the walking path I often take (I just take the narrow path along the edge of the hill rather than the nicer semi-paved path.) where we found another pavilion.  Then we turned back to the paved path and fallowed it.  During all this meandering, I worked out a good walking with Joshy course laughing an answer to prayer concerning 1 of my vacation quandaries!  I also took the time to stop and take pictures, something I have not been doing much of on my recent walks.
What a refreshing time!
We returned to the hospital to find that the doctor was running WAY behind.  We would have had longer at home had we chosen that option, but then again I wouldn't have know until we got there.  The wait was long, but it wasn't terrible because I felt refreshed.
You know, today I also made my step goal & I have a lot more energy.  Taking TIME to be in God's creation makes a huge difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you are a missionary. God bless all that you and your family do.
I love the pretty pics. I will be following to see all the adventures that you post.