Thursday, November 19, 2015

Roller Skates

Where did I put my roller skates?

It certainly feels as if I have been on them recently, or, at the very least, should have been on them.  Seems as though everyday, along with the normal happenings, there has been something extra: extra doctor/dentist appointments, extra school events, extra holiday planning for upcoming out reach events, extra... you name it.

Yesterday, while Joshy was at school ALL day (this only happens 2x/week) I made full use of the time.  After dropping him off, I went to one of the stores that opens early (9am) in hopes that they might just have candy canes. (My hope was in vain.)  Then I ran next door to the 100 yen shop which opens at 9:30, to pick up ribbon & tree ornaments for next week's ECS children's classes - they will be making ornament to decorate the ECS tree.  Then I scooted off the my 10:00 preschool class.  After class, I headed to the next city over to see if one of the stores at the mall would have candy canes, cranberry sauce, & sugar sprinkles for cookies... 1 out of 3 isn't the best odds, but at least I came home with candy canes!  Plus I was able to get enough hot chocolate packages to fill in the gap between the 60 packages I got at Costco and the 80 I need to make Snowman Soup for all the ECS students and Sunday School Christmas party treat bags.  (Sure wish I had thought things through a bit better and had gotten a 2nd box of hot chocolate at Costco - it would have been cheaper :/ )  A bit of other fun shopping and it was time to head back to school to pick up Joshy & then Kei.  However, I didn't calculate my time quite right... I realize I was going to be early, so I stopped by the "Swan Pond" for a nice walk.  (The swans should be arriving from Siberia any time now, but alas, only the ducks were around.)  It was so nice to have some time in God's wonderful creation!


Last night, at dinner, Bekah ask if we had any plans for this weekend.  I said, "Thanksgiving outreach is Monday!"  She said, "Yeah, but do we have any plans for the Weekend?"  UMMMM... shopping & cleaning on Saturday, start the baking on Sunday afternoon so that everything will be prepped so that we can finish the rest of the dinner for almost 40 guests on Monday.  Nah, guess it will be a nice quiet weekend, just like the rest of the month has been :P

No comments: